I got some great shots today. I took a drive down my favorite country road.. the one that leads to Clark's Ferry. In the daylight it's transformed from an eery backroad full of ghosts into warmth and light. It didn't mind when I rolled down my windows to be closer to its trees. It didn't even protest my loud music that didn't stop when I photographed it's comfortable beauty. My favorite part of the journey comes about five miles down when the road is too narrow to go anywhere but forward, and the trees arch around me in a close, shaded hug. It seems like I could be anywhere, anytime and all I have to do to get there was think it. If only every road were as magical as this one.
Clark's Ferry is being sold. The For Sale sign lists the reason '...too much trouble'. Hey, good marketing skills. The drive just before it boasts a sign that states 'Private Property. Poisonous Gas' just above the cattle guard. I wonder; how do the cows feel about this?
I'll post some pictures after I develop them tomorrow.. if I don't botch the developing. If I can find a cord that fits my scanner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment