Summertime in East Texas is irresistably beautiful, no matter how miserably humid it is. With the beautiful wildflowers and green, green grass it's impossible not to fall in love with the place I call home. For some species, though, summer marks a time of struggling and death. Turtles, for one, and armadillos are continuously seen lying dead on various country roads. I don't know why this bothers me so much. Maybe it's because I have a SOUL and don't intentionally murder innocent animals on my way to work! All they want to do is cross the road, and you have to go and make trouble, you redneck idiot. Those people (you know who you are, massive dodge pickup with inferiority issues, not the need to haul big things) who swerve OUT OF THEIR WAY to run over a young turtle are cruel, heartless pricks, and most likely continue their blood shed by chopping down trees in random pastures for funsies. Not cool at all...
*Now for a random subject change that will most likely leave you scratching your head in confusion*
Probably the only real motto we have at Taco Bell is, 'If you're going to throw up, be a team player and do it on the line so we can all go home.' I love the great sense of teamwork we have... and of course this all relates to the habitual summertime slaughter of innocent animals!
So I should be writing, you know, starting my 'life's work' or some such nonsense. I should be doing work that means something, anything, because I only have a few years before my stale life is laid out for me. What am I going to do?? Work, go to school, and stumble through it the best I can, but I want more. More, more, more, more like a mantra.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment