Saturday, June 28, 2008

Meditation Happens

When I'm at that point where I can't stop tortuously up heaving thoughts or red-faced tears, I turn out all the lights, go into the shower and curl up, letting the water run down my hair, my face till it trickles down my legs and pools beneath me for a moment before escaping.

Once I've assured myself there are no scary spiders or boogies ready to pounce on me in the darkness, I let myself revel in whatever tumultuous emotion prompted my emo-kid scene. Just for a second, I believe my tears are completely deserved until I really feel the water beating down on me. I think... it must be streams and streams of tears from all of the people who have felt the effects of homicide, genocide, rape, starvation, violence, utter hopelessness.

Again I feel the water flowing down my form, this time as the world's tears, and everything is quiet inside me.

I'm completely calm now, smiling at the oneness of the universe.

I turn off the water, tears, revelations and turn on the lights to look at myself, soaking wet, and smile with truth.

No comments: